Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Project Stay-At-Home-Mom: School Shopping on a Budget

Well the kids just keep growing, and with me staying at home, money is tighter this year. So the clothes were getting smaller and I needed to figure out a way to buy them on a budget that has...well...no room for clothes. So I hatched a plan. I would take in some of my clothes (my dressier ones that I hardly wear since I'm done teaching for a while) to a consignment store. There is a great store called Plato's Closet, they only take name brand, in style clothes, but pay you cash for them within the hour!! So I took some of my clothes in there and got some cash, then turned around and took my kids to some other great second hand stores in Lincoln. Here's my haul, all for $84! That's 10 pairs of pants, 23 shirts, 2 pairs of shoes, a belt, 2 skirts, 2 skirts, and 2 dresses! Booyah!!
Going to second hand stores instead of buying my kids new clothes is one of the changes I am making in our lives so that I can continue to be at home with my children. Which I think will be MUCH more important than the clothes they wore as children.

No comments:

Post a Comment