Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Coaching Wife

I love sports! I loved playing them in high school and I love watching the Huskers on TV. So I was drawn to my sport loving husband, I met him while he was in college and wrestling (a side note - I did not love wrestling, in high school I thought the sport was gross-the uniforms they wore, where they grabbed each other, the whole not eating before, all of it. Then I met this boy and fell in love, and now of course must learn to love the sport, and I'm getting there :) He loves sports so much he changed majors in college just so he could become a coach. So now here I am learning the joys and struggles of being a coach's wife. Last year was his first year as an assistant varsity football coach and the head varsity wrestling coach. He also runs the weight room and helps with FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Sports through and through. We didn't see him from the middle of August until the middle of February, he's gone by 5:30 in the morning and gets home between 6:30 and 7:00 at night. So now that the shock is over I'm ready dive head first into this being a coach's wife stuff. The kids and I love going to practice, so we will continue to do that. But this year I really want to focus on pouring out love onto his team, the other coaches and the players. To do this I will make sure I'm praying over everyone of them and I want to provide some food. What better way to mens' hearts than food, right? But we're building athletes, I've seen a lot of great granola bar recipes on Pinterest I want to try. The guys meet in the morning on game days so I'll send them with the hubby in the morning. The first recipe is one off Pinterest called No Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven.  Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment